GL RFCA has three department heads in Estates, Engagement and Youth & Cadets, reporting to a Chief Executive.
Drew Jeacock leads the Engagement team and is supported by three Regional Employer Engagement Directors (REEDs), a City Secretary (to look after the City RFCA), a Head of Communications (who has pan-GL RFCA responsibilities), an Events Coordinator and an Engagement Secretary.
The three REEDs are the main point of contact for military units and employers across Greater London.
This structure ensures that GL RFCA can effectively deliver the service level agreements (SLAs) for Defence.
Staffing and Responsibilities:
To ensure that the Greater London region is delivering against its key outputs, the roles have specific Areas of Responsibility (AOR). In addition to their AORs, the REEDs are also Defence’s point of contact for military units, ships or squadrons within the Greater London area, which are also below. The REEDs will work with units on the following key areas:
- The Armed Forces Covenant (AFC)
- The Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS)
- Employer notification
- The mobilisation process and financial support to employers
- Defence engagement events (organised through GL RFCA and Defence Relationship Management)
- Reservist enquiries
Trudy Mensa-Bonsu –
- NHS & Healthcare
Daniela Sahaj –
- Engineering & Construction
- Local Government
- Policing & Blue Light
Katie Dodd –
- Universities and Education
- Banking & Financial Services
- Management Consultancies
- Cyber and Technology
Drew Jeacock –
- Anything which isn’t covered by one of the REEDs above