At a glance…
- Men and women aged 18-54
- No previous military experience required
- Same rates of pay as Regular counterparts and a tax-free annual bonus
- Work alongside the regular RAF
- British or Commonwealth citizen
The Royal Air Force Reserves support the Royal Air Force (RAF) both in times of peace and war.
The RAF Reserves have a well-earned reputation for retaining their volunteers, due in part to the satisfaction that is derived from doing varied and exciting jobs and because of the active social life which Squadron members enjoy.
There is also plenty of opportunity for adventure training which includes activities such as skiing, canoeing, mountain climbing and many more.Learn more
RAF Reserves in London
There is one Squadron in London – 600 (City of London) Squadron Royal Auxiliary Air Force based at RAF Northolt near Ruislip.
It operates as a multi-role squadron, chiefly in support of major military headquarters. Members work in five broad areas:
• Personnel Support
• Information Communications & Technology
• Flight Operations
• Medical & Medical Support