At a glance…
- Leadership training for university students
- Pay is at the standard service rate with a tax-free annual bonus
- Wide variety of adventure training and sport
- Great social life
- British or Commonwealth citizen
The over 3,000 male and female volunteers are drawn from all walks of life and train for a variety of roles to enable the Royal Navy to meet its operational commitments.
- giving vital logistical support to ship crews;
- Sending detailed signal information to merchant shipping;
- Planning the landing of an amphibious task group
In recent years, Royal Naval Reservists have become increasingly integrated with the day-to-day operations of the Royal Navy.Learn more
Two of the UK’s 13 Royal Naval Reserve Training Centres are situated in London:
Enjoys a stunning location on the Thames, overlooking the entrance to St Katharine Docks, just below Tower Bridge.
The unit trains on Tuesday evenings from 1900-2100.
Attached to the UK’s National Defence Headquarters in Northwood, Middlesex.
The unit trains on Wednesday evenings from 1930-2130.